Our entryway right now looks horrific. Our UPS delivery person saw all the boxes the other day and asked if we were moving. When I told him no, he quickly backed away from the door, ran into his truck, and sped away.
Carl is trying to clean the garage so there are boxes everywhere inside the house filled with files, decorations, CDs (!!), stuff we haven’t looked at in probably a decade. I feel overwhelmed without the amount of stuff we have.
Why did I keep all my essays from my junior year of college?
Back to the entryway… we’ve never had traditional entryway decor. We’ve never had any entryway decor period. Where people would normally have a console table, chairs, trees, and vases, we instead had:
- a Harley Davidson motorcycle because there was no room in the garage ?
- a drum kit because there was no more room in the garage
- Segways and skateboards because there was no more room in the garage
- toys because there was no more room in the garage
- too many things to remember because there was no more room in the garage
We desperately need to start purging things.
Until then, I’ve been looking at these console tables under $400, imagining an entryway that makes me smile when I walk through the front door.
- West Elm Zane Console Table – $340
- Wayfair Solid Wood Console Table – $289.99
- Wayfair Killeen Console Table – $319.99
- Target Herriman Wooden Console Table – $250
- Safavieh Inga Gold Console Table – $287.29
- Pottery Barn Matteo Console Table – $229
- All Modern Brakenridge Console Table – $310
- CB2 Niche Burl Wood Console Table – $399