My office space in the Florida house was. . . utilitarian. Chair, computer, desk, clutter. So much clutter. It was in our main bedroom and really brought the vibe down. There really was no relaxing in our bedroom with my office there. It was a an eyesore and I don’t miss it at all.
So in the new house, I want my office to be warmer, more welcoming, and not embarrassing.
Since I’m sharing office space with Carl – his side has a darker color aesthetic + is full of computers, music instruments, amps – I was trying to make my side lighter in both color and feel.
The rug which is linked below looks great, but with the natural color of the desk, it’s creating a more muted look than I was initially going for. I’ll live with it for awhile and see how I like it. If I do change things, I may put this rug in the 10 year-old’s bedroom and put something with a darker hue here. We’ll see.
I also got the wrong carpet pad somehow. I ended up ordering this carpet pad which looks and feels more like a non-slip carpet backing – it’s not thick, and doesn’t create the bounce I like when walking on a carpet. This is the carpet pad we have in the living room and it really changes how the carpet feels – thick, very comfy to walk on. Carpet pads make such a difference!
- Portola Hills Caned Desk This desk, designed by Studio McGee, comes in three colors. I chose Natural. It’s really sturdy and well-made. There are two side cabinets that can store a lot. Assembly was aggravating for Carl because some some holes didn’t line up properly, but manageable.
2. Cadence Dining Chair The chair I’m temporarily using is from RH Outlet – I can’t seem to find it on the main site anymore. I love it as a dining chair, it’s not working for an office chair. . Here’s a great alternative from Arhaus.
3. Yarn holder I can’t find the yarn holder I currently have on my desk (I got it from One King’s Lane years ago), but here are some really good options from Etsy.
5. Baubuche Floating Shelf Going to order a shelf or two to put on the wall behind the desk to display some art and found objects. I’m torn about what kind of wood and stain color I want – I’m thinking of something darker than the desk color to add some contrast.
6. Gwyneth Ivory Boucle Chair I’m so obsessed with this chair. I initially wanted to get two of these for the living room, but I don’t think there’s room (need to find a slimmer chair – maybe this one? But it doesn’t look that much slimmer). It’s probably too wide for my office space, but I can’t stop thinking about it.
7. Arbon Wood Dowel Accent Chair This chair just looks cozy and I love the idea of using an accent chair as an office chair – just so unexpected.
8. Elina Bench I really like the idea of having this bench in my office. There’s no room for it, but maybe I can slowly take over Carl’s office area.
9. Faux Potted Olive Tree Some greenery (that I can’t kill) to bring in some nature.
Scroll, click + shop my office below!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you).